By now, I'm sure all of you experienced bloggers out there have heard every single excuse in the book for a long delay in posting a new blog entry. "I've been busy. The kids have been sick. My husband has been sick. The dog has been sick. My dog's husband has been sick. I just realized I don't have a husband." And the list goes on. Well, I won't use any of those tried and true excuses -- although one or two of them might be true. (You can pick which ones.) The reason I have not blogged in a while is that...I've had a monkey on my head. (See below.)
Having a monkey on one's head can really complicate one's ability to operate normally and makes seemingly effortless tasks -- like cleverly writing about one's mundane life in ways that make it seem exciting and glamorous -- very difficult indeed. Just try it sometime.
Anyway, now that the monkey's gone, I'll fill you in. Actually, now that I think about it, there's only one day that's really worth talking about. Last Thursday. I will make it brief. Last Thursday the following things happened.
1. Woke up and remembered that I had a lot of stuff two days overdue at the library -- $32 fine. Paraphrase of the first words out of my mouth..."oh no, I've got a huge fine."
2. Took one of my girls to Children's Hospital for a supposedly broken ankle -- only to be told hours later that it wasn't broken after all. The last hospital was wrong. Go figure.
3. Was racing against the clock to run errands for Dixie's baby shower which was that night. Started at the library to pay fine. Was told that I had to bring everything with me -- couldn't just renew. Thought bad thoughts.
4. Went to various stores buying last minute gifts, party supplies, food, etc. Ended at cake store. Evidently it was the first cake the decorator had ever done. Notice the backwards baby footprints. More bad thoughts.
5. Was standing outside a friend's house waiting to pick up crockpots so we could start the food (3 hours until shower time) fuming about the cake when a bird flew over and relieved himself (to put it delicately) on my arm! Didn't help my mood a bit. Well, I did laugh.
6. Taking the crockpots up to my apartment on the elevator. Talking on the phone. Watched the elevator door close on the crockpot cord. Dropped the phone. Hit the elevator button and pried the cord loose. Thankful thoughts -- especially since it wasn't my crockpot.
7. Things improved. Had a nice shower for Dixie where she got many cool gifts including this really cool one from Marianne Brown -- a cake made from baby diapers. She definitely got the creative award.
So, that was Thursday. Things have definitely improved since. This was exam week, and we start campmeeting on Tuesday. And then (joy of all joys) home again, home again, jiggety jig.
I am now in cardiac rehab approx. 3 days a week. It's going well. I think the ticker is improving. My stamina is definitely coming back. Life is good...even when one has a monkey on one's head.